dark semblances of light © dragica čarna

dark semblances of light
push into the air
I’m inhaling
like a smell of sulphur
in my mouth
like saliva
acrid
superfluous
in moments of my
expectations

verses
as they come along
flee from myself
like a child on a swing
no sooner have I caught the board
than she’s anew in the air
her toes reaching upwards
for the impulse to be greater
for the momentum to be stronger
as her feet get back
to the ground

I am lying
on the edge of the edge
the drop on my right
kilometres deep
this overhanging cliff
my body on the ground
and I am struggling
for a cm slowly
gathering my will
to get away
away from all
ends
which bear
no beginnings
and no light
and which I cannot
outgrow
and which it’s not my lot
to internalise

Falling
Falling
Falling
rivers everywhere
borderless confluences
of white waters
and me
clutching
the pebbles
the waving fences
and wedging
my feet
into the stones
in order not to slip
into the foam
of furious rivers

battles
and battles
of eternal ends
dark semblances of light
in my throat
in my ankles
on my shoulders

Falling
Falling
Falling
somewhere there must be a bottom
to all the ends
somewhere there must be a beginning
Somewhere there must be
a foothold for
Light!

Loves without home, Dark semblances of light © dragica čarna, 
Translation © Jure Kozamernik

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

prijateljici Ajri Pogačnik, + 13. 2. 2011

Ajri...

Jina mahsa amini - ژینابەندان posvečeno ubiti Kurdijki Jini - Masha Amini